‘Music and fairyland go hand in hand’ writes my Undercover Soundtrack guest this week. After cueing up her playlist I can assure you this fairyland is not just rich and strange, but funky, cheeky, cheesy, sassy, riotous, ridiculous and whimsical. It’s hardly surprising then that her novels and poetry have been nominated for numerous awards, including the Mythopoeic, the Lambda, the Hugo, Locus, World Fantasy, and Nebula. Deeply fond of writing to music, she’s also closed the musical circle by inspiring three albums by singer/songwriter S.J. Tucker. She is Catherynne M Valente, and she’s over on the Red Blog talking about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘The music of exile’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kathleen Jones July 23, 2014
- Ghostwriting FAQs: should you get a ghostwriter, do you want to become one? July 20, 2014
- ‘Abhorrent combinations… fear not as the music writes the story for you’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Josh Malerman July 16, 2014
- How to fix a plot hole July 13, 2014
- ‘Music of raw power, pulling back from chaos and feedback’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, David Penny July 9, 2014
- Studying Ray Bradbury: a beat sheet of Fahrenheit 451 July 6, 2014
- ‘Sadness and longing in the wildest pleasures’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rohan Quine July 2, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…