- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Archive for November 14th, 2012
‘Each song helped me see the main character a little more clearly’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Melissa Foster
My guest this week has always written in the grip of a wide-ranging playlist, but for one particular novel she found herself listening to three pieces intensively, maybe obsessively. In those songs she found her characters’ strengths and their more playful, softer sides, the great challenges they faced and the reserves they drew on to see them through. She is award-winning bestselling author, indie champion and women’s advocate Melissa Foster – and she’s on the Red Blog talking about Chasing Amanda and its Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, bestselling author, Chasing Amanda, contemporary fiction, creativity, deepen your story, Fix and Finish With Confidence, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, Life, Melissa Foster, music, music for writing, My Life, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, suspense, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, women's fiction, writing, Writing #2, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing routine, writing to music
You are currently browsing the archives for Wednesday, November 14th, 2012
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- The gap in your narrative, the scene you’re avoiding – stop and brainstorm! September 21, 2014
- ‘Memory lightning’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Nick Cook September 17, 2014
- Self-publishing answers: from writing to finding your readers – podcast with Nick Thacker September 14, 2014
- How to publish ebooks – the beginner’s ultimate guide September 11, 2014
- ‘Hacking to music’ – the Undercover Soundtrack, Ian Sutherland September 10, 2014
- Kill me now – what do I do about a negative review? September 7, 2014
- ‘Music is a ritual of invocation’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Alice Degan September 3, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…