- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Archive for November 21st, 2012
My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, award winner, award-winning author, Carnegie Medal, children's fantasy, deepen your story, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, entertainment, evocative music, faber, fantasy, fantasy Czarist Russia, fantasy novel, Fix and Finish With Confidence, Guardian award, having ideas, how to write a novel, ideas, imagination, inspiration, MG fiction, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Sterkarm, Susan Price, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
You are currently browsing the archives for Wednesday, November 21st, 2012
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Five characters, five musical identities’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Jessica Bell October 29, 2014
- Novels aren’t movies – how to handle passage of time in prose October 26, 2014
- ‘My word-hand is singing’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Marcus Sedgwick October 22, 2014
- Science fiction – have we forgotten what it should be? October 19, 2014
- ‘Is there life after death?’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Christina Banach October 15, 2014
- Novels aren’t movies – how to write great description in prose October 12, 2014
- ‘A hushed, whispered jingle mimicking a drizzle of rain’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anjali Mitter Duval October 8, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…