Archive for December 12th, 2012
My guest this week turned to writing novels after long years as a children’s rights lawyer representing teenagers in care. Her fiction debut, Losing Agir, was launched on Human Rights Day and is a teen thriller about a child in care and a refugee who unite to seek justice. Music helped her connect with the realities of her displaced characters’ lives, especially experiences that most of us take for granted – such as a family Christmas. She is Liz Fisher-Frank and she’s on the Red Blog talking about Losing Agir and its Undercover Soundtrack.
deepen your story, having ideas, inspiration, writing life, novels, Roz Morris, writing, publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, how to write a novel, My Memories of a Future Life, drama, authors, contemporary fiction, writing to music, The Undercover Soundtrack, music for writing, undercover soundtrack, YA, entertainment, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence, Liz Fisher-Frank, Losing Agir, Human Rights Day, refugees, political refugees, orphans, teenagers, teenage refugees, YA novels, teen novels, teen thrillers, YA thrillers, politics, current-events
You are currently browsing the archives for Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- How to trim superfluous words from your manuscript @artzicarol ow.ly/mc8rJ #writing #authors #amwriting #fiction 1 hour ago
- RT @porter_anderson: Perfect afternoon work music from @Q2music: Bruce Stark's Five Preludes for Piano (McCright): ow.ly/mbZwn 1 hour ago
- Bravo, Ruby RT @ruby_barnes: "No matter the subject matter, if Mr. Barnes wrote it, I'll read it." goo.gl/ZQdjo #epub #WKBtweet 42 minutes ago
- 'Bold and heartfelt' MT @consueloroland: @MyleneDressler's first novel, The Medusa Tree, re-released fb.me/2q8DYm8uZ 1 hour ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- ‘Through the cold, lonely streets of NYC’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Terrence McCauley
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member