- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged 79 Rat Press
I heard a quote this week that I love: ‘All art aspires to the condition of music’. Meaning, it works beyond its medium; a direct connection with nerves and heart. This quote seems particularly to fit my guest this week. He says he writes from a need to understand, to uncensor, find meaning and connect with self and life. He prefers his music on vinyl (good man!) to better enjoy its sleeve art, and his book, Living Room Stories, is housed in a 7in record sleeve. How could you resist? He is Andy Harrod and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
GIVEAWAY Andy is giving away 1 handmade copy of Living Room Stories and a print of two from tearing at thoughts. To enter leave a comment or tweet the song that represents love for you. Andy will pick his favourite. If you take the tweet option, include the link to the post and the hashtag #undersound. Good luck!
79 Rat Press, 7in record sleeve, Andy Harrod, arts, authors, beauty, book giveaway, competition, deepen your story, entertainment, fiction, Fix and Finish With Confidence, giveaway, how to write a book, how to write a novel, ideas, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, Living Room Stories, love stories, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, record sleeve, Roz Morris, self-publishing, short stories, single, stories, style, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing to music
Another familiar face this week – one of the first Soundtrack contributors returns with a new poetry collection. i cannot bring myself to look at walls in case you graffiti them with love poetry, which you’ll notice is be-eecummingly lower case. It’s a lyrical, heartbreaking, but ultimately joyous celebration of lost friends – with prog-rock tendencies. In a subversive nod to pink-hearts week, Dan Holloway is on the Red Blog with his latest Undercover Soundtrack.
79 Rat Press, authors, Cheltenham Poetry Festival, Dan Holloway, ee cummings, eecummings, entertainment, Fix and Finish With Confidence, i cannot bring myself to look at walls in case you graffiti them with love poetry, ideas, inspiration, literature, lost friends, love poetry, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, poetry, poetry collection, poets, prog rock, progressive rock, rock tendencies, Roz Morris, self-publishing, spoken word, spoken word poetry, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Valentine's Day, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Reading revolutions: serialising a novel – interview at the Malaysia Star March 6, 2014
- ‘This song says it’s time to get serious’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rebecca Cantrell March 5, 2014
- Planning your story – a checklist for success: and win Nail Your Novel in print! March 4, 2014
- Publish or selfpublish? Advice for the 2014 writer March 3, 2014
- ‘Music that flows into the marrow of the soul’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Birgitte Rasine February 26, 2014
- 7 stages of writing a book – video discussion at IndieReCon February 25, 2014
- A conversation about story structure – and writing rules February 23, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…