- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged discoverability
Sorry, you got two trailer posts from me today. It’s my turn at Authors Electric, where I’m wondering how relevant SEO is for fiction writers and readers.
It all started when I saw a link to a post on Problogger which advised bloggers to stop running guest posts with a lot of links because of new Google algorithms. Undercover Soundtrack host, please note. This led to a fun, fulminating conversation with Facebook friends Cyd Madsen, Vivienne Tuffnell and Beth Rudetsky about tails wagging dogs. But getting our work discovered is a real issue for writers, and at Authors Electric I’m wondering how that’s done. Come over and join the debate.
(Thanks for the pic Daveynin)
author-bloggers, authors, Authors Electric, Beth Rudetsky, bloggers, blogging, books, Cyd Madsen, discoverability, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, entertainment, fiction, fiction authors, Fix and Finish With Confidence, google, Google algorithms, guest bloggers, guest blogging, guest post, guest posts, how to find readers, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literature, marketing, My Memories of a Future Life, Problogger, publishing, Roz Morris, search algorithms, search engine optimisation, self-publishing, SEO, technology, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Vivienne Tuffnell, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- How to write a novel: following the strange – guest post on Writer.ly April 16, 2014
- ‘Road trips require a soundtrack; so do some novels’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Linda Collison April 16, 2014
- How to make an audiobook using ACX April 13, 2014
- ‘A trickle of notes can flood your thoughts with broken things’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Warren FitzGerald April 9, 2014
- An easy way to make your plot plausible – control your novel’s timeline April 5, 2014
- ‘Tragedy and loss are cornerstones of my story’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anne Allen April 2, 2014
- How many words do you write a day? And do you have to force yourself? How successful authors do it March 30, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…