Posts Tagged Equus
I’m glad I wore my hat to meet these folks. They host live literary events around the UK, one of which was the recent Mad Hatter’s Tea Party in Manchester, which featured on BBC Radio. Other writerly shindigs have made it to Channel 4′s TV Book Club, the pages of Company, Woman & Home and The Bookseller. One reviewer has described them as ‘blowing the cobwebs away from the literary world and infusing it with colour and life’. If you want to clasp them to your bosom already, skip the rest of this spiel and go there now.
They are For Books’ Sake, an online community that showcases classic and contemporary writing by women writers past and present. They rather like the look of My Memories of a Future Life and have asked me over to write about three characters who blew my own literary cobwebs away. So I whirled time back to my school days and picked out three fellas I’m glad I met between the pages and not in real life. Don a mad hat and come on over.
A levels, Amadeus, drama, Equus, fiction, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, ideas, inspiration, interview, interviews, likable characters, Literary influences, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Peter Shaffer, publishing, Roz Morris, The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Theme, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing life
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- How to connect with more readers in just 5 minutes @duolit at @JaneFriedman ow.ly/m6m1s #authors #amwriting #socialmedia 12 hours ago
- How to #write a character who's not like you- Nail Your Novel: Bring Characters To Life - bit.ly/16bR6nU 14 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
- Which choice? Create compelling characters by giving them dilemmas
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member