Posts Tagged gillard
My guest this week says her novel would never have made it to publication if not for a piece of music. She’d been trying for a long time to weave two narratives together and was about to give up when by chance she listened to Philip Glass’s first violin concerto. In that piece she suddenly saw the rhythms of her characters and how they could harmonise. She is Linda Gillard, the novel is Untying The Knot and she’s on the Red Blog talking about its Undercover Soundtrack
deepen your story, having ideas, literary fiction, structure, Roz Morris, writing, publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, story structure, how to write a novel, My Memories of a Future Life, self-publishing, authors, contemporary fiction, writing to music, The Undercover Soundtrack, music for writing, undercover soundtrack, contemporary novels, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence, Philip Glass, Untying the Knot, Linda Gillard, bomb disposal, violin concerto, piece of music, first violin, gillard
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- Thanks Jack! RT @bootstrapink: After listening to awesome @thecreativepenn podcast, I bought Bring Characters to Life amzn.to/18nHcxQ 2 hours ago
- How to #write a character who's not like you- Nail Your Novel: Bring Characters To Life - bit.ly/16bR6nU 4 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- Music for telling stories – guest spot on Kobo Writing Life
- ‘It’s never a bad thing to make the reader feel a bit uneasy’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Jonathan Pinnock
- Why fiction characters matter and how we make them memorable – video and podcast with Joanna Penn
- Psst… the Characters Book is now available in print!
- When to trust the reader’s intuition – and when to spell out what a character feels: post at KM Weiland’s Wordplay
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member