- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged keyboard
‘She and I were both fast nothings forever in the same big lonely dream’ – Michael Stutz, The Undercover Soundtrack
My guest this week has been noodling with music for as long as he’s wielded words. When he needs a break from the keyboard, he picks up a guitar and plucks a string. He describes his novel as ‘the story of a guy who grows up on line’, a world in which music is an essential part of the landscape, haunting the scenes as they come to life on the page. He first released it as a serial, which means he and I have something in common – indeed he sent me an email that prompted a recent post here on the Purple Blog. He is Michael Stutz, and he’s on the Red Blog, talking about the Undercover Soundtrack to Circuits of the Wind.
GIVEAWAY You can also win either an e-copy or a print edition if you comment or share Michael’s post! Details at the Red Blog…
authors, Circuits of the Wind, deepen your story, entertainment, Fix and Finish With Confidence, having ideas, how to write a novel, keyboard, literary fiction, literature, Michael Stutz, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, serialised fiction, serials, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: the words are only the skin August 1, 2014
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: accents and making a character sound distinct in dialogue July 31, 2014
- ‘Thoughts circulating in a lyric or a music line’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Amanya Maloba July 30, 2014
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: bland friend and upsetting antagonist July 29, 2014
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: endings and epilogues July 28, 2014
- Revision and self-editing: masterclass snapshots July 27, 2014
- ‘The music of exile’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kathleen Jones July 23, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…