- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Locked Within
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cover versions, deepen your story, entertainment, fantasy, fiction, Fix and Finish With Confidence, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, ideas, inspiration, Locked Within, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, New York, Paul Anthony Shortt, publishing, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, urban fantasy, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Road trips require a soundtrack; so do some novels’ – The Undercover Soundrtrack, Linda Collison April 16, 2014
- How to make an audiobook using ACX April 13, 2014
- ‘A trickle of notes can flood your thoughts with broken things’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Warren FitzGerald April 9, 2014
- An easy way to make your plot plausible – control your novel’s timeline April 5, 2014
- ‘Tragedy and loss are cornerstones of my story’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anne Allen April 2, 2014
- How many words do you write a day? And do you have to force yourself? How successful authors do it March 30, 2014
- ‘Pictures in melody’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Aaron Sikes March 26, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…