Posts Tagged publishing industry
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, Fix and Finish With Confidence, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, writing life
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- Thanks for RT @porter_anderson: "Later in the #book when we know the character, we can fill the blanks #writing ow.ly/l9za4 6 hours ago
- Been promising this for years - 'Nail Your Novel: Bring Characters To Life' #BookBuzzr #writing - bit.ly/16bR6nU 10 hours ago
- RT @porter_anderson: "Speech is carried off by the wind; the written word can never be obliterated" Mo Yan #Nobel ow.ly/l9reu 10 hours ago
- Me too RT @timharford: George Takei responds to "traditional" marriage fans - marvelous. I'm yours, George. dlvr.it/3Nn1kr 14 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- When to trust the reader’s intuition – and when to spell out what a character feels: post at KM Weiland’s Wordplay
- ‘True love is a sense of returning home’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Caroline Smailes
- Only connect: how to wake a dormant muse
- 3 ways the author temperament hinders our writing – post at Authors Electric
- ‘Art that engages the sixth sense’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Tom Bradley
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member