- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged reviewers
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, Fix and Finish With Confidence, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘The moment of making the first sound or writing the first word is special’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Pete Lockett April 23, 2014
- How to write a novel: following the strange – guest post on Writer.ly April 16, 2014
- ‘Road trips require a soundtrack; so do some novels’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Linda Collison April 16, 2014
- How to make an audiobook using ACX April 13, 2014
- ‘A trickle of notes can flood your thoughts with broken things’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Warren FitzGerald April 9, 2014
- An easy way to make your plot plausible – control your novel’s timeline April 5, 2014
- ‘Tragedy and loss are cornerstones of my story’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anne Allen April 2, 2014
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…