Posts Tagged Rod Stewart
My guest this week was an award-winning horror genre writer, but turned indie to try to write the sort of novel he loved to read. For several years he published nothing while he struggled with his new challenge – a high-octane blend of suspense, swagger, humour and romance. Looking for a way to humanise an unlikable hero he found a guiding light in Rod Stewart’s interpretations of American classics – a rocker thug who’d matured with surprising tenderness. He is Reb MacRath and he’s on the Red Blog today with the Undercover Soundtrack for Southern Scotch.
american classics, authors, comedy, deepen your story, entertainment, fiction, Fix and Finish With Confidence, genre writer, having ideas, horror genre, how to write a book, how to write a novel, ideas, independent publishing, indie, inspiration, Kindle, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, novels, publishing, Reb MacRath, Rod Stewart, romance, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Southern Scotch, suspense, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing to music
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- Creating characters who breathe bit.ly/17ZTTl9 ACFW #amwriting #fiction #writetip @robinleehatcher RT @janalynvoigt 27 minutes ago
- RT @booksundergrnd: My Memories of a Future Life at Victoria yesterday evening #booksontheunderground http://t.co/P0amNCImga 42 minutes ago
- RT @timharford: Animated Sheet Music: "So What" by Miles Davis - rather cool video dlvr.it/3XkG9S 52 minutes ago
- Bravo, Ruby RT @ruby_barnes: "No matter the subject matter, if Mr. Barnes wrote it, I'll read it." goo.gl/ZQdjo #epub #WKBtweet 14 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- ‘Through the cold, lonely streets of NYC’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Terrence McCauley
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member