Posts Tagged serialised fiction
‘She and I were both fast nothings forever in the same big lonely dream’ – Michael Stutz, The Undercover Soundtrack
My guest this week has been noodling with music for as long as he’s wielded words. When he needs a break from the keyboard, he picks up a guitar and plucks a string. He describes his novel as ‘the story of a guy who grows up on line’, a world in which music is an essential part of the landscape, haunting the scenes as they come to life on the page. He first released it as a serial, which means he and I have something in common – indeed he sent me an email that prompted a recent post here on the Purple Blog. He is Michael Stutz, and he’s on the Red Blog, talking about the Undercover Soundtrack to Circuits of the Wind.
GIVEAWAY You can also win either an e-copy or a print edition if you comment or share Michael’s post! Details at the Red Blog…
authors, Circuits of the Wind, deepen your story, entertainment, Fix and Finish With Confidence, having ideas, how to write a novel, keyboard, literary fiction, literature, Michael Stutz, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, serialised fiction, serials, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing to music
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- 'Truly haunts the reader after the book is done' My Memories of a Future Life #trance #literary #music - bit.ly/oiheX7 22 minutes ago
- 10 (mostly) free book launch strategies @beth_barany ow.ly/maUss #writing #publishing #authors #marketing 44 minutes ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- ‘Through the cold, lonely streets of NYC’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Terrence McCauley
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member