Posts Tagged Sue Cook
How to self-publish an ebook and get a traditional book deal – guest spot on The Write Lines podcast
When I was first discovering blogs – and looking for a home for my own fiction – I discovered The Write Lines on BBC Radio Oxford. Presenter and novelist Sue Cook brought together experts from UK publishing to give advice, information and resources for new writers.
Fast forward through a few revolutions and the latest series (now a podcast) is exploring indie publishing – both as a leg-up to a traditional deal and a viable option in itself. Some of the authors whose blogs I was reading as the first series aired are her experts this time – including Nicola Morgan and Catherine Ryan Howard – and me. I feel like I’ve graduated. Exciting times…
In my episode I’m sharing a studio with indie superstars Mark Edwards (one half of the Edwards/Louise Voss partnership) and Mel Sherratt. You can either listen on the site or download….
Amazon, authors, beginners, bestseller lists, bestsellers, books, bookshops, crime novelist, crime novels, ebooks, entertainment, Fix and Finish With Confidence, how to have an Amazon bestseller, how to make a print book, how to publish an ebook, how to write a book, how to write a novel, interview, Kindle, literature, Louise Voss, Mark Edwards, marketing, media, Mel Sherratt, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, novels, print books, publishing, retailing books, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Sue Cook, The Write Lines, Voss and Edwards, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, writing life
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- Pros and cons of blogging your novel @RachelleGardner ow.ly/m9RWp #authors #amwriting #fiction #publishing #blogging #socmed 1 hour ago
- Thanks Karen RT @kareninglis: Excellent piece by Roz Morris in @Writers_Artists> Is your manuscript ready to publish? ow.ly/m6lli 2 hours ago
- @wolfpascoe I wrote about the poetry of medical names here ow.ly/m9SKy (Scroll down to 'what's in a name') 2 hours ago
- @wolfpascoe I used to be a staff editor on a medical magazine and now freelance there. So your book on the art of anaesthesia caught my eye 3 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
- Which choice? Create compelling characters by giving them dilemmas
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member