Posts Tagged Untying the Knot
My guest this week says her novel would never have made it to publication if not for a piece of music. She’d been trying for a long time to weave two narratives together and was about to give up when by chance she listened to Philip Glass’s first violin concerto. In that piece she suddenly saw the rhythms of her characters and how they could harmonise. She is Linda Gillard, the novel is Untying The Knot and she’s on the Red Blog talking about its Undercover Soundtrack
authors, bomb disposal, contemporary fiction, contemporary novels, deepen your story, first violin, Fix and Finish With Confidence, gillard, having ideas, how to write a novel, Linda Gillard, literary fiction, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Philip Glass, piece of music, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, story structure, structure, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Untying the Knot, violin concerto, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing to music
Sign up for my newsletter
- 'If you're a writer or are considering becoming a writer, buy Roz's Nail Your Novel and Stephen King's On Writing. Everything else is a waste of time and money.'
- 'Showed me where I was going wrong... without making me feel like an idiot'
- 'Made me want to drop everything and get back to the manuscript'
Rozmorriswriter [at] gmail [dot] com
Find me here too
- Pros and cons of blogging your novel @RachelleGardner ow.ly/m9RWp #authors #amwriting #fiction #publishing #blogging #socmed 1 hour ago
- Thanks Karen RT @kareninglis: Excellent piece by Roz Morris in @Writers_Artists> Is your manuscript ready to publish? ow.ly/m6lli 2 hours ago
- @wolfpascoe I wrote about the poetry of medical names here ow.ly/m9SKy (Scroll down to 'what's in a name') 3 hours ago
- @wolfpascoe I used to be a staff editor on a medical magazine and now freelance there. So your book on the art of anaesthesia caught my eye 3 hours ago
All content copyright Roz Morris 2009-2013 and may not be reproduced.
If you wish to REBLOG a post, that's very nice of you - please take no more than 10% of the piece and please link back to the full post here.
INTENSIVE MULTIMEDIA COURSE WITH ROZ MORRIS AND JOANNA PENN
What do you want to read about today?
It’s all here somewhereagents Amazon authors beginners beginnings books Character deepen your story entertainment fiction Fix and Finish With Confidence having ideas how to write a book how to write a novel ideas inspiration interview Kindle literary fiction literature music music for writing My Memories of a Future Life Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence novels Planning Plot polishing publishing revising Rewriting Roz Morris self-publishing The Undercover Soundtrack unblocking undercover soundtrack writer's block writing writing a novel - Nail Your Novel writing business writing life writing prompt writing routine writing to music
Type something. See what happens
- Are you ready to use self-publishing services? Post at Writers & Artists
- How not to bore the reader with trivial details – book excerpt at Jane Friedman
- ‘Belle & Sebastian are truly a band made for writers’ – Scott D Southard, The Undercover Soundtrack
- How to make a print book using Word – first of a series at Writers & Artists
- Which choice? Create compelling characters by giving them dilemmas
Out and about
Alliance of Independent Authors Professional Member