Murder ballads and psychological thrillers? Surely it was only a matter of time before a writer put themselves under the influence of Nick Cave. My guest this week used music as his portable aural office, banishing the sounds of his fellow rail passengers on his daily commute to immerse in shady characters. Sometimes he scared the real-world folks in the carriage too. He is Ruby Barnes and he’s on the Red Blog talking about his novel The Baptist and its Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music to depict lunatics in love’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Ruby Barnes
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- 5 things I didn’t expect when I released my first novel September 25, 2016
- Is your writing a hobby, an art, a business, a vocation, a profession? Let’s discuss September 18, 2016
- Is the tone of your prose in tune with your novel? A simple exercise with Pharrell Williams and Yellow Magic Orchestra September 11, 2016
- Time to stop and stare – refreshing the muse September 4, 2016
- Yes, social media DO work for writers – here’s how August 28, 2016
- Writing a slow-burn book? Three surprising ways to measure progress August 21, 2016
- The ethics of ghost-writing August 14, 2016