This week, Undercover Soundtrack day falls on Halloween – shiveringly close to Mexico’s El dia de los Muertos. And my guest has more than risen to the occasion with her award-winning literary novel The Good Cemetery Guide. It centres on a guitar-playing mortician’s son and she built his life and loved ones from reggae, Texan ballads, traditional Mexican music, Phil Collins and Robbie Williams. You’ll grin like a ghoul when you see what she took from Meatloaf. She is essayist, poet and novelist Consuelo Roland and she’s on the Red Blog, sharing her Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
« How to self-publish an ebook and get a traditional book deal – guest spot on The Write Lines podcast
‘Music to wake the living’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Consuelo Roland
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- 5 tips for handling amnesia and back story August 2, 2015
- ‘The planes, the explosions, the dust, the calm’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kerry Drewery July 28, 2015
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots: Characters are grief stricken – how do I stop that becoming monotonous? July 26, 2015
- ‘Close your eyes and listen with your hands’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Tawnysha Greene July 22, 2015
- Self-editing masterclass snapshots – ‘My drafts are too brief’ July 19, 2015
- ‘The atmosphere to express the inexpressible’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rebecca Mascull July 14, 2015
- Writing unforgettable characters – guest post at Vine Leaves Literary Journal July 13, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…