- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Archive for November 21st, 2012
My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, award winner, award-winning author, Carnegie Medal, children's fantasy, deepen your story, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, evocative music, faber, fantasy, fantasy Czarist Russia, fantasy novel, Guardian award, having ideas, how to write a novel, imagination, inspiration, MG fiction, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Sterkarm, Susan Price, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
You are currently browsing the archives for Wednesday, November 21st, 2012
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- How do you discover the books you want to buy? Some thoughts about book marketing October 23, 2016
- ‘A song that makes sense of my story’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Annalisa Crawford October 21, 2016
- Got a personal story to tell… should you make it into a novel? October 16, 2016
- Pace and story structure: a blueprint for keeping the reader gripped October 9, 2016
- ‘Hope, chaos and a fighting spirit’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Deborah Andrews October 6, 2016
- How to write emotions and feelings October 2, 2016
- Doing NaNoWriMo? Nail it with this resource kit October 1, 2016