My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Radio show
- Who am I?
‘Beautiful, swaying voices took me to vast forests’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Susan Price
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
- ‘Shadows of the past’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Meg Carter February 11, 2016
- Keep the faith: a mindset to put criticism in perspective… and a tip to stay inspired through multiple revisions February 7, 2016
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff … under discussion at Literary Roadhouse book club! February 5, 2016
- ‘When I’m most lost, a song will show the way’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Ryan W Bradley February 4, 2016
- Found in translation: three literary translators share tips and secrets January 31, 2016
- Evidence and verdicts: a simple way to understand show not tell January 24, 2016
- ‘The emptiness of being outside a perfect romantic scene’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Dan Gennoe January 24, 2016