My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Beautiful, swaying voices took me to vast forests’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Susan Price
- Biggest challenge as an indie author and how to stay creative – interview at ALLi January 22, 2018
- ‘What is hope and how do we make more of it?’ The Undercover Soundtrack, Dwight Okita January 15, 2018
- Reaching readers if you write in multiple genres – could crowdfunding be the answer? An interview January 12, 2018
- The culture of a close marriage and weird little trips – guest spot at Victoria Dougherty’s COLD January 6, 2018
- Achieve your publishing goals for 2018 – win a year’s mentoring and development from Triskele Books December 29, 2017
- A childhood home: read an excerpt from Not Quite Lost – in The Woolf December 3, 2017
- Southerners going north, the most romantic ruin and the town you can’t leave – interview at Chris Hill’s blog November 21, 2017