- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Archive for January 14th, 2013
How long does it take to write a novel? Years, months, a Nanowrimosecond? I’m riffing on this idea today at Beyondaries, the ezine of Port Yonder Press.
Port Yonder is one of those publishers whose remit I could have written myself. It looks for strong, original crossover books with award-winning potential. In charge is managing editor Chila Woychik, who recruited for her ezine a bunch of writers who like their rules thoroughly bent and kicked.
Among the other contributors is Dan Holloway, who often stops here with a challenging take on whatever I’m talking about. His video is about the music of words. Also at Beyondaries you’ll find Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick talking about finding poetry in the everyday, and Grace Bridges comparing Witi Ihimaera to Doctor Who. And of course, Chila herself on the stubborn, self-driven qualities that mark out a true creative.
If you fancy a trip beyond the usual, pull up at Beyondaries.
authors, Chila Woychik, creativity, Dan Holloway, Doctor Who, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, podcast, poetry, Port Yonder Press, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Shannon Elizabeth Hardwick, Witi Ihimaera, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing style
You are currently browsing the archives for Monday, January 14th, 2013
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Into the warzone’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Alison Layland May 27, 2015
- 2 days to get 7-novel box set – the band is about to split May 21, 2015
- ‘An expectant silence, a connection to something greater’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kathryn Craft May 20, 2015
- How to think like a novelist – with help from Station Eleven and Emily St John Mandel May 17, 2015
- I write because… I’m totally unsuited to anything else – interview at Chris Hill’s blog May 17, 2015
- ‘His voice brought me back to where I began’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Joni Rodgers May 13, 2015
- Help – my characters are all too similar! 5 tips to make them distinct May 10, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…