- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Archive for February 6th, 2013
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cover versions, deepen your story, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, Locked Within, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, New York, Paul Anthony Shortt, publishing, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, urban fantasy, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
You are currently browsing the archives for Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
- ‘Things fall apart … hearts rip open’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Caroline Leavitt August 16, 2017
- The end of exploration – on writing a book where you can’t make things up August 13, 2017
- ‘Choices, mistakes, consequences and childhood’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Leonora Meriel August 2, 2017
- On publishing another book when there are already so many July 30, 2017
- ‘Music is as crucial as the ramblings in my notebook app’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Andrew Lowe July 18, 2017
- Suspense: storytelling’s big tease – guest post at Writers Helping Writers July 15, 2017
- ‘Dance gave me the rhythm of my novel’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Claire Scobie July 9, 2017