My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
- Umming and ermine – how to avoid getting in a right royal mess May 18, 2018
- Movements, movers and shakers: publishers and authors as literary citizens .. an interview May 17, 2018
- A week in the life of a small press .. an interview May 16, 2018
- Marketing literary fiction – ‘There are readers who need these stories…’ an interview May 15, 2018
- Birth of a press – ‘I knew so many talented authors being turned away…’ an interview May 14, 2018
- Setting up and running a literary imprint – 4 interviews with Laura Stanfill of Forest Avenue Press May 13, 2018
- What I learned about writing novels by failing at short stories – and how to make a short story into a long one April 29, 2018