My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- Are you a writer? Don’t neglect your reading – guest post at Writers Helping Writers January 15, 2017
- Writers’ manifesto for 2017 – take your imagination seriously January 8, 2017
- In disguise: from ghostwriting to a voice of my own – interview at Slack podcast December 22, 2016
- Repost: A writer’s guide to Christmas letters December 16, 2016
- Finishing your draft? Don’t open it again until after Christmas December 4, 2016
- 3 ways writers fail to get maximum impact from a story – and what to do instead November 27, 2016
- 2 tips for balancing writing and marketing time – Q&A from New Generation Publishing Summit November 20, 2016