My guest this week is best known for his poetry collections, but has had a weakness for crime fiction ever since he was a 10-year-old, smuggling a radio to bed to catch Mystery Theater. Music – and a few fingers of bourbon – were his close companions when writing his first novelet Not Forgiven, Not Forgotten. The Hank Dogs made the main character a dark angel in a corrupt town. Billie Holiday stopped the romance getting too sweet. He is Dave Malone and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music dark and soulful; rural and tough’ – Dave Malone, The Undercover Soundtrack
- The real schedule of a self-published book October 22, 2017
- Man Booker, it’s time to open up literary prizes to self-published authors October 17, 2017
- Struggling to write your ending? Some pointers – guest post at Writers Helping Writers October 15, 2017
- ‘Music: where people come together to make living pieces of art’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kris Faatz October 14, 2017
- Inspiration from travel and why you always have to visit your host’s bathroom – guest post at Vivienne Tuffnell’s blog October 9, 2017
- Doing NaNoWriMo? Nail it with this resource kit October 8, 2017
- Writing, social media and other authorly tips – guest spot at Damyanti Biswas October 6, 2017