Music, dead rock gods, psychedelia consciousnesses and the CIA – this novel definitely had to feature on the Undercover Soundtrack. Its title came from a Jimi Hendrix song, and germinated when the writer was just 17 years old. It took him another 15 years to write, though, when an Elvis track kicked his imagination and gave him a vivid scene set in a bar in rural Missouri. The novel is Beyond the Will of God, the writer is Talking Writing columnist David Biddle, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Sex, drugs, metaphysics and rock’n’roll’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, David Biddle
- ‘What is hope and how do we make more of it?’ The Undercover Soundtrack, Dwight Okita January 15, 2018
- Reaching readers if you write in multiple genres – could crowdfunding be the answer? An interview January 12, 2018
- The culture of a close marriage and weird little trips – guest spot at Victoria Dougherty’s COLD January 6, 2018
- Achieve your publishing goals for 2018 – win a year’s mentoring and development from Triskele Books December 29, 2017
- A childhood home: read an excerpt from Not Quite Lost – in The Woolf December 3, 2017
- Southerners going north, the most romantic ruin and the town you can’t leave – interview at Chris Hill’s blog November 21, 2017
- ‘Music is the conduit through which we can discover ourselves’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Marcia Butler November 13, 2017