Music, dead rock gods, psychedelia consciousnesses and the CIA – this novel definitely had to feature on the Undercover Soundtrack. Its title came from a Jimi Hendrix song, and germinated when the writer was just 17 years old. It took him another 15 years to write, though, when an Elvis track kicked his imagination and gave him a vivid scene set in a bar in rural Missouri. The novel is Beyond the Will of God, the writer is Talking Writing columnist David Biddle, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Sex, drugs, metaphysics and rock’n’roll’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, David Biddle
- Writers – how to find the editor that’s right for you November 10, 2019
- Writing memoir, taking control, long-term careers – talking to Victoria Dougherty about the 21st century author October 20, 2019
- What your readers will never notice… a small point about reader belief and story logic (with a little help from Terrance Dicks, Rod Hull and Nina Conti) October 13, 2019
- 7 writing resources I use all the time October 6, 2019
- My kind of weird, my kind of wonderful – interview at Davida Chazan’s blog September 11, 2019
- How to outline a novel – post at Ingram Spark September 8, 2019
- 7 swift storytelling hacks for back story, description, dialogue, exposition, point of view and plot August 18, 2019