I was so delighted when I found out my guest this week writes to music. She’s the winner of the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) with a story of genetically enabled time travel, death threats and romance. She says music is her writing cave and time machine, shutting out the modern chaos of family life, rewinding her to times in her own past and conjuring up periods like the 1893 Columbian Exposition. She is Rysa Walker and she’s on the Red Blog with the Undercover Soundtrack to Timebound.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music is my writing cave, my TARDIS’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rysa Walker
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- ‘The lives and loves the sea has claimed’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Wyl Menmuir January 22, 2017
- Are you a writer? Don’t neglect your reading – guest post at Writers Helping Writers January 15, 2017
- Writers’ manifesto for 2017 – take your imagination seriously January 8, 2017
- In disguise: from ghostwriting to a voice of my own – interview at Slack podcast December 22, 2016
- Repost: A writer’s guide to Christmas letters December 16, 2016
- Finishing your draft? Don’t open it again until after Christmas December 4, 2016
- 3 ways writers fail to get maximum impact from a story – and what to do instead November 27, 2016