I was so delighted when I found out my guest this week writes to music. She’s the winner of the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) with a story of genetically enabled time travel, death threats and romance. She says music is her writing cave and time machine, shutting out the modern chaos of family life, rewinding her to times in her own past and conjuring up periods like the 1893 Columbian Exposition. She is Rysa Walker and she’s on the Red Blog with the Undercover Soundtrack to Timebound.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music is my writing cave, my TARDIS’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rysa Walker
- Are you bored? One writing rule you really need January 13, 2019
- How to keep in touch with your book when your writing routine is disrupted December 11, 2018
- I’ve finished my manuscript! What now? 16 ultimate resources to make good decisions about your book November 12, 2018
- Literary fiction – do we need a new term? October 21, 2018
- How to outline a book without killing the fun of writing it October 14, 2018
- ‘Rubble-strewn streets and lost souls’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, SD Mayes October 12, 2018
- What makes a winner? Lessons from judging a writing competition September 19, 2018