I was so delighted when I found out my guest this week writes to music. She’s the winner of the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) with a story of genetically enabled time travel, death threats and romance. She says music is her writing cave and time machine, shutting out the modern chaos of family life, rewinding her to times in her own past and conjuring up periods like the 1893 Columbian Exposition. She is Rysa Walker and she’s on the Red Blog with the Undercover Soundtrack to Timebound.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music is my writing cave, my TARDIS’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rysa Walker
- ‘What is hope and how do we make more of it?’ The Undercover Soundtrack, Dwight Okita January 15, 2018
- Reaching readers if you write in multiple genres – could crowdfunding be the answer? An interview January 12, 2018
- The culture of a close marriage and weird little trips – guest spot at Victoria Dougherty’s COLD January 6, 2018
- Achieve your publishing goals for 2018 – win a year’s mentoring and development from Triskele Books December 29, 2017
- A childhood home: read an excerpt from Not Quite Lost – in The Woolf December 3, 2017
- Southerners going north, the most romantic ruin and the town you can’t leave – interview at Chris Hill’s blog November 21, 2017
- ‘Music is the conduit through which we can discover ourselves’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Marcia Butler November 13, 2017