I was so delighted when I found out my guest this week writes to music. She’s the winner of the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) with a story of genetically enabled time travel, death threats and romance. She says music is her writing cave and time machine, shutting out the modern chaos of family life, rewinding her to times in her own past and conjuring up periods like the 1893 Columbian Exposition. She is Rysa Walker and she’s on the Red Blog with the Undercover Soundtrack to Timebound.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music is my writing cave, my TARDIS’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Rysa Walker
- ‘Music is the conduit through which we can discover ourselves’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Marcia Butler November 13, 2017
- Worldbuilding for SF and other fiction, reimagined for roleplayers. And pony books. Podcast at Fictoplasm November 11, 2017
- Indie publishing the 2017 way – video chat with sci-fi author Nick Cook November 7, 2017
- The pleasure of slow journeys and why we love to read – guest post at Isabel Costello’s Literary Sofa November 2, 2017
- ‘Tibetan oms and child prodigies’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Leslie Welch October 29, 2017
- ‘Writers are introverts who want to tell you a story but not make eye contact’: discuss. Interview at Jane Davis October 26, 2017
- A change is as good as a rest – the distraction project. Guest post at The Quivering Pen October 24, 2017