My guest this week says he has to treat music with kid gloves. If he’s sitting at a dinner party and music is playing, he’s likely to get so distracted that he zones out of the real room. This is a familiar scenario to me too. And he’s definitely a writer who has found himself piecing together a novel from many of these moments of surprised distraction – where a track heard by chance perfectly fits the story problem his mind is mulling over. His novel is the story of a disillusioned man learning the way to feel alive once more, his name is Wayne Clark, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music to first escape life then reconnect’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Wayne Clark
- Writing the first draft of your book – Ep 9 FREE podcast for writers March 27, 2020
- Tools for writers, Word, Scrivener, good old-fashioned paper – Ep 8 FREE podcast for writers March 26, 2020
- Devising characters for your novel – Ep 7 FREE podcast for writers March 25, 2020
- How to plan a novel – Ep 6 FREE podcast for writers March 24, 2020
- How to plan a non-fiction book – Ep 5 FREE podcast for writers March 23, 2020
- Introduction to self-publishing – Ep 4 FREE podcast for writers March 22, 2020
- How do you get your book out into the world? Q&A on getting published: Ep 3 FREE podcast for writers March 21, 2020