My guest this week describes a journey – of looking for a life path, of circling around it many times until he found where he was meant to fit. He says he thought he wanted to be a DJ because he loved music, and indeed became a music industry journalist. Then one day he started writing stories – and realised this was how he wanted to use the experiences that music gave him. It was clearly a good move as he has been nominated for the Nebula, the Theodore Sturgeon and StorySouth Million Writers awards. He studied fiction under Ursula K. Le Guin and Peruvian playwright Alonso Alegria and is now contributing to Hugh Howey and John Joseph Adams’s Apocalypse Triptych. He is Jake Kerr and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music was solace, understanding and escape’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Jake Kerr
- Writing the first draft of your book – Ep 9 FREE podcast for writers March 27, 2020
- Tools for writers, Word, Scrivener, good old-fashioned paper – Ep 8 FREE podcast for writers March 26, 2020
- Devising characters for your novel – Ep 7 FREE podcast for writers March 25, 2020
- How to plan a novel – Ep 6 FREE podcast for writers March 24, 2020
- How to plan a non-fiction book – Ep 5 FREE podcast for writers March 23, 2020
- Introduction to self-publishing – Ep 4 FREE podcast for writers March 22, 2020
- How do you get your book out into the world? Q&A on getting published: Ep 3 FREE podcast for writers March 21, 2020