My guest this week describes his novel as a romantic comedy about a young man’s attempts to find love through an internet community. Despite its thoroughly contemporary setting, he says it was sparked by a song from the early 1960s, by a band who have long faded into obscurity. Other songs joined it, to represent the strong women characters who are at the centre of the book – people who are aloof, cool, full of contradictions – and some of them dealing with the painful bewilderment of losing a loved one. He is Chris Hill and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Men, women, flirtation and heartbreak’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Chris Hill
- Using pictures and music to inspire your writing – Ep 15 FREE podcast for writers April 8, 2020
- Writing resolutions – making them and keeping them – Ep 14 FREE podcast for writers April 6, 2020
- Masterclass in writing style and voice – Ep13 FREE podcast for writers April 2, 2020
- All about reading groups and writing groups – Ep12 FREE podcast for writers March 31, 2020
- All about character arcs – Ep 11 FREE podcast for writers March 30, 2020
- Masterclass in titles, book covers and spines – Ep 10 FREE podcast for writers March 29, 2020
- Writing the first draft of your book – Ep 9 FREE podcast for writers March 27, 2020