My guest this week has an epic sequence of novels, and an epic musical background for them. They span the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine – but if you were expecting a purely medieval soundtrack, think again. There are, of course, some historically appropriate pieces, but also a host of unusual tracks from Chris Isaak, Jon Hassell, Ennio Morricone and Peter Gabriel. This post is a musical epic all of its own, and listening to the choices brought me many new gems. One of them, CocoRosie’s Smokey Taboo, I liked so much that I found an excuse to shoehorn it into my radio show (here, in case you’re interested, though that episode is currently in production). Anyway, the author is Mark Richard Beaulieu, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack. Bring a packed lunch.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music for writing the 12th century’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Mark Richard Beaulieu
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- Are you a writer? Don’t neglect your reading – guest post at Writers Helping Writers January 15, 2017
- Writers’ manifesto for 2017 – take your imagination seriously January 8, 2017
- In disguise: from ghostwriting to a voice of my own – interview at Slack podcast December 22, 2016
- Repost: A writer’s guide to Christmas letters December 16, 2016
- Finishing your draft? Don’t open it again until after Christmas December 4, 2016
- 3 ways writers fail to get maximum impact from a story – and what to do instead November 27, 2016
- 2 tips for balancing writing and marketing time – Q&A from New Generation Publishing Summit November 20, 2016