My guest this week has an epic sequence of novels, and an epic musical background for them. They span the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine – but if you were expecting a purely medieval soundtrack, think again. There are, of course, some historically appropriate pieces, but also a host of unusual tracks from Chris Isaak, Jon Hassell, Ennio Morricone and Peter Gabriel. This post is a musical epic all of its own, and listening to the choices brought me many new gems. One of them, CocoRosie’s Smokey Taboo, I liked so much that I found an excuse to shoehorn it into my radio show (here, in case you’re interested, though that episode is currently in production). Anyway, the author is Mark Richard Beaulieu, and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack. Bring a packed lunch.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music for writing the 12th century’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Mark Richard Beaulieu
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- The blank page – conquering your fears. And a couple of writing prompts February 26, 2017
- ‘Cyclical melodies, beginnings and endings’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Nicole Evelina February 19, 2017
- Writers, are you showing off or sharing? A way to kill your darlings February 12, 2017
- Literary writers, we are not alone – meet Main Street Writers February 10, 2017
- ‘You get an idea and… it just grows’ – interview with book and writing blogger Michelle Dunton February 6, 2017
- ‘Music is both my on and my off switch’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Andrea Darby February 5, 2017
- 5 qualities of a brilliant story January 29, 2017