My guest this week is a poet and award-winning arts correspondent as well as a literary novelist. His novel is a reckoning with loss and a mystery involving a lost painting, and his musical companions range from Ralph Vaughan Williams to Boards of Canada. He describes BOC’s music as making you feel you might walk into a mirror or meet yourself – which is not only brilliant, it’s a fairly accurate manifesto for the unsettling journey of the book. Even more exciting, I noticed as I downloaded the cover image that the novel is endorsed by one of my favourite mischievously inventive writers, Alasdair Gray. Deep breath. Philip Miller is on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘A cracked but steely song of survival and beauty’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Philip Miller
- The real schedule of a self-published book October 22, 2017
- Man Booker, it’s time to open up literary prizes to self-published authors October 17, 2017
- Struggling to write your ending? Some pointers – guest post at Writers Helping Writers October 15, 2017
- ‘Music: where people come together to make living pieces of art’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kris Faatz October 14, 2017
- Inspiration from travel and why you always have to visit your host’s bathroom – guest post at Vivienne Tuffnell’s blog October 9, 2017
- Doing NaNoWriMo? Nail it with this resource kit October 8, 2017
- Writing, social media and other authorly tips – guest spot at Damyanti Biswas October 6, 2017