My guest this week says that music is the key to most of his work. The title of his short story collection, Nothing But The Dead and Dying, came from a line in a Simon and Garfunkel song. All the stories are bound by the landscape of Alaska, where he worked for a while in a construction crew. Ennio Morricone helped him recreate its barren desolation. And when he’s been stuck on a story, even to the extent of giving up, rescue usually comes in the form of a random piece of music. He is Ryan W Bradley and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘When I’m most lost, a song will show the way’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Ryan W Bradley
- ‘Music is the conduit through which we can discover ourselves’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Marcia Butler November 13, 2017
- Worldbuilding for SF and other fiction, reimagined for roleplayers. And pony books. Podcast at Fictoplasm November 11, 2017
- Indie publishing the 2017 way – video chat with sci-fi author Nick Cook November 7, 2017
- The pleasure of slow journeys and why we love to read – guest post at Isabel Costello’s Literary Sofa November 2, 2017
- ‘Tibetan oms and child prodigies’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Leslie Welch October 29, 2017
- ‘Writers are introverts who want to tell you a story but not make eye contact’: discuss. Interview at Jane Davis October 26, 2017
- A change is as good as a rest – the distraction project. Guest post at The Quivering Pen October 24, 2017