My guest this week says he is much concerned with reinvention. He’s spent his life setting himself challenges to embrace new careers, lifestyles, places to live – and the latest of those reinventions is being a novelist. His debut title is a story of 1970s Glasgow and required some daring imaginative reinventions – not least, writing in the voice and psyche of a 22-year-old woman. A soundtrack was essential – Tangerine Dream to soothe and order the brain; Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan and David Bowie to restart the period – and provide other wisdom besides. He is Glyn Harper – writing as GD Harper – and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
Nail Your Novel – Writing, publishing and self-publishing advice from a bestselling ghostwriter and book doctor
- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
‘Music to fill my mind but not fight the words’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, GD Harper
- Man Booker, it’s time to open up literary prizes to self-published authors October 17, 2017
- Struggling to write your ending? Some pointers – guest post at Writers Helping Writers October 15, 2017
- ‘Music: where people come together to make living pieces of art’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kris Faatz October 14, 2017
- Inspiration from travel and why you always have to visit your host’s bathroom – guest post at Vivienne Tuffnell’s blog October 9, 2017
- Doing NaNoWriMo? Nail it with this resource kit October 8, 2017
- Writing, social media and other authorly tips – guest spot at Damyanti Biswas October 6, 2017
- ‘The dull rage of Sundays, the relief of good friendships’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Heidi James October 3, 2017