- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged are you ready to self-publish
Good developmental editing is one of the cornerstones of book production, but indie authors have a special advantage over the traditionally published. Indies can use the editing process to nurture their potential and perhaps find talents they didn’t suspect. I’m talking about this role of the editor at the IngramSpark blog today.
And if you’re in the environs of London, you can come and see me talk about this in a one-day self-publishing masterclass. I’m one of four expert speakers covering all the publishing bases (editorial, design, publicity, distribution) at this.
If you hop over to my post, you’ll see a special discount code.
Finally, permit me a little discreet throat-clearing … yes, you know about Not Quite Lost, but I can’t help mentioning it because it publishes in two weeks’ time and I’m rather excited.
I’d completely forgotten I’d written this interview until it popped up on Twitter today. Whitefox publishing services wanted to quiz me about ghostwriting, my first writing gig and any tips I’d give to writers who were thinking of self-publishing. If you’ve known me for a while the answers will be old hat, but if you’re one of the recent subscribers (thank you!) and are still curious, here it is. If you’re wondering about your publishing options, you’ll find some useful tips here. And if you want advice on weighing up publishing services companies, these posts should help you make sensible decisions. And thank you, Whitefox, for inviting me to your blog.
PS Interested in becoming a ghostwriter? Take my professional course
advice on self-publishing, advice to new writers, are you ready to self-publish, Fix and Finish With Confidence, ghostwriting, Girl Online, indie authors, Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and How You Can Draft, publishing services providers, self-publishing, Whitefox, Zoe Sugg
- Man Booker, it’s time to open up literary prizes to self-published authors October 17, 2017
- Struggling to write your ending? Some pointers – guest post at Writers Helping Writers October 15, 2017
- ‘Music: where people come together to make living pieces of art’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Kris Faatz October 14, 2017
- Inspiration from travel and why you always have to visit your host’s bathroom – guest post at Vivienne Tuffnell’s blog October 9, 2017
- Doing NaNoWriMo? Nail it with this resource kit October 8, 2017
- Writing, social media and other authorly tips – guest spot at Damyanti Biswas October 6, 2017
- ‘The dull rage of Sundays, the relief of good friendships’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Heidi James October 3, 2017