- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged artistic reasons
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
- How I made my writing career – award-winning novelist and short story writer Ann S Epstein @asewovenwords October 20, 2021
- Do I want to make a career writing fiction? A conversation October 3, 2021
- Why should anybody read about your life? The 7 Ss for writing a memoir with universal appeal September 17, 2021
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued at @Litopia by literary agent @agentpete , reader @kaylie_finn and me! September 9, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist and award-winning short story writer Annalisa Crawford @AnnalisaCrawf September 3, 2021
- Would Ever Rest suit your book club? Here’s a FREE book to help you decide August 20, 2021
- How much does it cost to self-publish? That depends August 8, 2021