- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged artistic reasons
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
- Searching for places, emotions and characters – The Undercover Soundtrack, Gwendolyn Womack June 14, 2017
- Everyday chaos. Just another day in the genesis of a book June 11, 2017
- ‘A language to explain feeling and atmosphere’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Libby O’Loghlin June 4, 2017
- Kind ways to deal with damaged POD books – guest post at Alliance of Independent Authors May 22, 2017
- Making a living as a writer: how social media can be a long-term investment for your career May 14, 2017
- ‘A dead soul, a journalist in a dystopian Scotland, and painful family memories’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Philip Miller May 13, 2017
- A plea for reviewers – can we open up a dialogue about self-published books? April 23, 2017