- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged artistic reasons
Apologies to those on New Year diets. Early commenters at my Authors Electric post have already let me know they are distressed at my excessive use of pictures of pies. But they are artistically necessary.
I’m venting about publishers’ porkies. (In case that doesn’t translate outside the UK; it’s rhyming slang. Porky pies. Now you see.) As more authors choose to self-publish for career and artistic reasons, the publishing industry is maintaining the fiction that all those with talent shall be welcomed with open arms, and that writers can’t do without their nurturing support. If self-publishers are ever to be considered as equals by the literary community, this has got to stop.
More pie (much more) at Authors Electric. Do come over and say your piece.
agents, artistic reasons, authors, Authors Electric, awards, books, fiction, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary establishment, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, pictures of pies, publishing, publishing industry, reviewers, reviews, rhyming slang, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, YouTube
- 5 essential habits I learned while ghost-writing – guest post at Jo Malby July 29, 2016
- ‘Music brought me closer to that amalgum of confusion, self-pity and nostalgia’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Anne Goodwin July 28, 2016
- How to find your author voice – interview with Joanna Penn July 25, 2016
- You know what your book means… but does the reader? Tackle it with two mindsets July 17, 2016
- Three steps to a smoother writing style July 10, 2016
- Conflict in every scene? Disasters in every act? Yes and no July 3, 2016
- Should you – could you – crowdfund your next book? Unbound uncovered June 26, 2016