- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Cyd Madsen
Sorry, you got two trailer posts from me today. It’s my turn at Authors Electric, where I’m wondering how relevant SEO is for fiction writers and readers.
It all started when I saw a link to a post on Problogger which advised bloggers to stop running guest posts with a lot of links because of new Google algorithms. Undercover Soundtrack host, please note. This led to a fun, fulminating conversation with Facebook friends Cyd Madsen, Vivienne Tuffnell and Beth Rudetsky about tails wagging dogs. But getting our work discovered is a real issue for writers, and at Authors Electric I’m wondering how that’s done. Come over and join the debate.
(Thanks for the pic Daveynin)
author-bloggers, authors, Authors Electric, Beth Rudetsky, bloggers, blogging, books, Cyd Madsen, discoverability, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, fiction, fiction authors, google, Google algorithms, guest bloggers, guest blogging, guest post, guest posts, how to find readers, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literature, marketing, My Memories of a Future Life, Problogger, publishing, Roz Morris, search algorithms, search engine optimisation, self-publishing, SEO, technology, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Vivienne Tuffnell, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Does it serve the book? Killing your darlings is a mark of writing maturity March 29, 2015
- ‘Armour and post-punk lullabies’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Guy Mankowski March 25, 2015
- ‘Demons, frustrations and betrayal’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Scott D Southard March 18, 2015
- Lessons learned from making a contemporary fiction box set – guest post at Jane Friedman March 17, 2015
- Two days of writer’s block unlocked a character’s secret March 15, 2015
- ‘Music for the Revolution’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Debbie Moon March 11, 2015
- Clumsy dialogue – your mission statement for a subtle scene March 7, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…