- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged dead tree books
Gosh, this is grown-up. After I gently pointed out to Writers & Artists that some self-publishers are as adept in print as in e-publishing, we got chatting. They were interested in my background (running an editorial department, writing, editing, book production and this blog!) and the result is I’m doing a series at Bloomsbury’s Writers & Artists site on fundamentals for good self-publishing.
This first piece is on turning an ebook file into a print edition. It’s an expanded version of a pair of posts I wrote when I released the paperback of My Memories of a Future Life, and hopefully a little more simplified for first-timers. If you want to know more about how to make lovely-looking books, come on over.
authors, Bloomsbury, CreateSpace, dead tree books, editorial department, first timers, formatting for print, future life, how to make a print book, how to make a print edition, how to publish, how to publish your book, how to self-publish, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literature, making a paperback, making a print book, My Memories of a Future Life, paperbacks, print books, publish your books, publishing, Roz Morris, self publishers, self-publishing, Word, Writers & Artists, Writers & Artists Yearbook, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, writing business, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
(If you’re not a Shamen fan, that headline will make no sense. Try saying it out loud. And admire your instant cockney accent.) Making the special print edition of my novel made me think how we still like a book we can get our hands around. Come over to Authors Electric where I’m trying to pinpoint what we love about dead tree books…
authors, Authors Electric, cockney accent, dead tree books, Ebeneezer Goode, ebooks, how to write a novel, I love print books, Kindle, literary fiction, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, print books, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Shamen. The Shamen, special edition, tree books, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
- Do I want to make a career writing fiction? A conversation October 3, 2021
- Why should anybody read about your life? The 7 Ss for writing a memoir with universal appeal September 17, 2021
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued at @Litopia by literary agent @agentpete , reader @kaylie_finn and me! September 9, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist and award-winning short story writer Annalisa Crawford @AnnalisaCrawf September 3, 2021
- Would Ever Rest suit your book club? Here’s a FREE book to help you decide August 20, 2021
- How much does it cost to self-publish? That depends August 8, 2021
- How I made my writing career – poet, publisher and creative writing tutor David Starkey @WhatHaiku August 4, 2021