- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged dual timeline
‘I hear these songs and see the flawless story I wanted to write’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, KM Weiland
One of my earliest Undercover Soundtrack guests returns this week with a brand-new novel – and another beguiling musical journey. The story features a character whose life spans two timelines, which she envisaged in her head as having a soundtrack of two personalities. Aggressive guitar, driving percussion – softened by the melancholy lyricism of early Celtic folk songs. But she’d never heard such a thing in real life – until a chance listen one day expressed exactly what she’d been looking for. She is KM Weiland and she’s on the Red Blog talking about the Undercover Soundtrack for her newest release, Dreamlander.
aggressive guitar, authors, celtic folk songs, deepen your story, Dreamlander, dual timeline, epic fantasy, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, KM Weiland, music, musical journey, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, speculative fiction, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- Because I started a blog – 10 years as an accidental citizen of cyberspace February 10, 2019
- Should you take a creative writing degree? The honest truth. An interview January 27, 2019
- Are you bored? One writing rule you really need January 13, 2019
- How to keep in touch with your book when your writing routine is disrupted December 11, 2018
- I’ve finished my manuscript! What now? 16 ultimate resources to make good decisions about your book November 12, 2018
- Literary fiction – do we need a new term? October 21, 2018
- How to outline a book without killing the fun of writing it October 14, 2018