- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged dual timeline
‘I hear these songs and see the flawless story I wanted to write’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, KM Weiland
One of my earliest Undercover Soundtrack guests returns this week with a brand-new novel – and another beguiling musical journey. The story features a character whose life spans two timelines, which she envisaged in her head as having a soundtrack of two personalities. Aggressive guitar, driving percussion – softened by the melancholy lyricism of early Celtic folk songs. But she’d never heard such a thing in real life – until a chance listen one day expressed exactly what she’d been looking for. She is KM Weiland and she’s on the Red Blog talking about the Undercover Soundtrack for her newest release, Dreamlander.
aggressive guitar, authors, celtic folk songs, deepen your story, Dreamlander, dual timeline, epic fantasy, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, KM Weiland, music, musical journey, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, speculative fiction, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘I heard a song being played in an electrical store’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Glynis Smy February 25, 2015
- Can writing be taught? And what do writing teachers teach? February 22, 2015
- How do we label ourselves as writers? Guest spot at Dan Holloway – and the box set is available NOW! February 21, 2015
- ‘Music for looking into the past’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Audrina Lane February 18, 2015
- Are you underusing your best plot ideas? Guest post at KM Weiland February 15, 2015
- Self-publishing and staying true to yourself – interview at Jane Davis’s blog February 12, 2015
- ‘Music for tragedy, coming of age, romance’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Karen Wojcik Berner February 11, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…