- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged dual timeline
‘I hear these songs and see the flawless story I wanted to write’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, KM Weiland
One of my earliest Undercover Soundtrack guests returns this week with a brand-new novel – and another beguiling musical journey. The story features a character whose life spans two timelines, which she envisaged in her head as having a soundtrack of two personalities. Aggressive guitar, driving percussion – softened by the melancholy lyricism of early Celtic folk songs. But she’d never heard such a thing in real life – until a chance listen one day expressed exactly what she’d been looking for. She is KM Weiland and she’s on the Red Blog talking about the Undercover Soundtrack for her newest release, Dreamlander.
aggressive guitar, authors, celtic folk songs, deepen your story, Dreamlander, dual timeline, epic fantasy, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a novel, inspiration, KM Weiland, music, musical journey, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, speculative fiction, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
- ‘Things fall apart … hearts rip open’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Caroline Leavitt August 16, 2017
- The end of exploration – on writing a book where you can’t make things up August 13, 2017
- ‘Choices, mistakes, consequences and childhood’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Leonora Meriel August 2, 2017
- On publishing another book when there are already so many July 30, 2017
- ‘Music is as crucial as the ramblings in my notebook app’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Andrew Lowe July 18, 2017
- Suspense: storytelling’s big tease – guest post at Writers Helping Writers July 15, 2017
- ‘Dance gave me the rhythm of my novel’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Claire Scobie July 9, 2017