- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged faber
My guest this week was so young when Faber bought her first fantasy novel that her father had to sign the contract. She’s more than built on that early promise by scooping the Carnegie Medal and the Guardian prize and is so prolific that in her credits she only lists her best-known works. Her imagination has ranged everywhere, from a fantasy czarist Russia to the far future – and thrilling, evocative music has been intrinsic to all of them. She is children’s author Susan Price, and she’s on the Red Blog with a truly rich Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, award winner, award-winning author, Carnegie Medal, children's fantasy, deepen your story, Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?, evocative music, faber, fantasy, fantasy Czarist Russia, fantasy novel, Guardian award, having ideas, how to write a novel, imagination, inspiration, MG fiction, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Sterkarm, Susan Price, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- Does it serve the book? Killing your darlings is a mark of writing maturity March 29, 2015
- ‘Armour and post-punk lullabies’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Guy Mankowski March 25, 2015
- ‘Demons, frustrations and betrayal’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Scott D Southard March 18, 2015
- Lessons learned from making a contemporary fiction box set – guest post at Jane Friedman March 17, 2015
- Two days of writer’s block unlocked a character’s secret March 15, 2015
- ‘Music for the Revolution’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Debbie Moon March 11, 2015
- Clumsy dialogue – your mission statement for a subtle scene March 7, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…