- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged fantasy novelist
‘Writers and songwriters can create memorable shared works’ – The Undercover Soundtrack inside out: SJ Tucker
This weekend I’m celebrating the anniversary of the launch of My Memories of a Future Life. And since the story explores reincarnation in reverse, I thought I’d turn the Undercover Soundtrack inside out and talk to musicians who have been inspired by novels.
Today I’m hosting SJ Tucker, who has a long-running collaboration with award-winning fantasy novelist Catherynne M Valente. Their partnership goes way beyond a song for a book trailer; Cat writes song hints into her manuscripts for Sooj to find, and they tour together with their very own multimedia song and story circus. Sooj is talking about all that – and how she turns a novel into songs – today on the Red Blog.
authors, Catherynne M Valente, comedy, cross-creativity, cross-media, fantasy novelist, how to write a novel, how to write a song, how to write an album from a book, how to write an album from a novel, inspiration, literature, music and stories, music and writing, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, publishing, SJ Tucker, The Girl Who Navigated Fairyland In a Ship of Her Own Making, undercover soundtrack, writing, writing and music, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing songs, writing to music
- Your first pages – 5 more book openings critiqued by literary agent @agentpete , writer @simnett and me! January 25, 2022
- Device addiction, how we treat ‘others’, and a love of horses – talking to @authorgreene about World Fantasy Award longlisted Lifeform Three January 23, 2022
- Standalone or series? Get started with this course at @JaneFriedman January 18, 2022
- No luck submitting my book to agents and publishers – should I hire a different editor? January 9, 2022
- The resilient mindset, overcoming blocks and living every moment of the creative journey – interview at @insideyourhead0 December 19, 2021
- Learning by doing: how I made my writing career – Nick Padron @nfpadron December 14, 2021
- How to cope with a hefty report from a developmental editor December 8, 2021