- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged French countryside
I’ve now got Eric Satie’s Gnossiennes on repeat in my head – and so will you once you’ve read this week’s Undercover Soundtrack. Satie helped my guest conjure a lulling, heady summer in France; a five-year-old girl running wild while her mother grapples with tragedy, late pregnancy and looming disaster. The novel is The Night Rainbow, the author is Claire King, and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack. Even better, you could win a copy for sharing the post and commenting!
authors, bereavement, Bloomsbury, books, childhood, Claire King, contemporary fiction, contemporary novels, deepen your story, fiction, French countryside, French rural living, grief, home, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary fiction, literature, love, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, recovery, Roz Morris, The Night Rainbow, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Women Writers, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing lifestyle, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Everyone walks around with their own theme tune’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Nadine Matheson April 1, 2015
- Does it serve the book? Killing your darlings is a mark of writing maturity March 29, 2015
- ‘Armour and post-punk lullabies’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Guy Mankowski March 25, 2015
- ‘Demons, frustrations and betrayal’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Scott D Southard March 18, 2015
- Lessons learned from making a contemporary fiction box set – guest post at Jane Friedman March 17, 2015
- Two days of writer’s block unlocked a character’s secret March 15, 2015
- ‘Music for the Revolution’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Debbie Moon March 11, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…