- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Radio show
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged French rural living
I’ve now got Eric Satie’s Gnossiennes on repeat in my head – and so will you once you’ve read this week’s Undercover Soundtrack. Satie helped my guest conjure a lulling, heady summer in France; a five-year-old girl running wild while her mother grapples with tragedy, late pregnancy and looming disaster. The novel is The Night Rainbow, the author is Claire King, and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack. Even better, you could win a copy for sharing the post and commenting!
authors, bereavement, Bloomsbury, books, childhood, Claire King, contemporary fiction, contemporary novels, deepen your story, fiction, French countryside, French rural living, grief, home, how to write a book, how to write a novel, literary fiction, literature, love, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, recovery, Roz Morris, The Night Rainbow, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, Women Writers, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, writing lifestyle, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine, writing to music
Le tweet …. c’est chicMy Tweets
- ‘The journey is more important than the destination’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Toni Davidson May 5, 2016
- AI, the Bradbury tradition and imagined futures – interview at One Giant Read May 3, 2016
- How do you become an editor? May 1, 2016
- ‘The lowest note in the universe’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Tracy Farr April 29, 2016
- How to blend a parallel, allegorical fantasy plot into your novel April 24, 2016
- ‘To make art by the grace of other artists’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Camille Griep April 22, 2016
- Masterclass snapshots: why it helps to construct your novel in scenes April 17, 2016