- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged getting into bookstores
If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook or in Google’s Confusing Circles, you might have seen me celebrating when a bookshop reviewed My Memories of a Future Life – on Amazon. ‘I was so impressed’ (it read) ‘that I persuaded Roz to hold a signing…’
That’s a bit astonishing in the current climate, and the Alliance of Independent Authors were soon wanting the story of what I’d done to get into their good books.
Much of it was luck, I have to say – I clicked with their tastes. And I’ve had a hit and miss relationship with other bookstores. But if you’re contemplating approaching bookshops with your print editions, you might find my experience useful…
And tell me here: have you approached bookshops or other retail outlets with your work? How did it go?
authors, Barton's Bookshop, books, bookshops, facebook, future life, getting into bookshops, getting into bookstores, good books, how I sold my indie book, how to get your self-published book into shops, how to sell to bookstores, how to sell your self-published book, how to write a book, how to write a novel, independent authors, indie bookstores, indie publishers, indie publishing, Leatherhead, literature, My Memories of a Future Life, publishing, Roz Morris, self-publishing, Surrey, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart
- How to write the difficult second novel. And why it’s difficult. Ep 45 FREE podcast for writers September 20, 2020
- How to – and how not to – run an online writing community. And publishing post Covid. Interview with literary agent Peter Cox of @Litopia @agentPete September 13, 2020
- How to write a synopsis if you hate writing synopses September 6, 2020
- I’ve written a book – what now? Ep44 FREE podcast for authors September 4, 2020
- Should you let anyone read your book before you’ve finished? Ep43 FREE podcast for writers August 20, 2020
- Your first pages – 5 more novel openings critiqued by a literary agent (and me!) at @Litopia August 16, 2020
- Our formative years, our formative music – The Undercover Soundtrack, Ricky Monahan Brown @ricky_ballboy August 15, 2020