- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged Go Creative
Do you need help to get your novel started or finished? Four of us experienced scribblers talk about how we stay creative through the tough times and reveal our secrets for drafting, fixing and finishing, not to mention keeping our confidence. Solutions include running, composing music, meditation and lying on the floor scribbling on sheets of A4 using the hand you don’t normally write with.
My co-conspirators are Orna Ross (who is the author of Go Creative, several literary novels and leader of the Alliance of Independent Authors), Kevin Booth (who’s a translator as well as an author and trained as an actor before he took up writing), and Jessica Bell (who runs the Vine Leaves Literary Journal as well as having a parallel career as a singer-songwriter, which you might well know already from her appearances on The Undercover Soundtrack).
We’re forming the creative posse at IndieReCon, a free online conference for writers at all stages of their publishing careers. Do come over – and check out the other terrific events in the line-up. There’s info from all kinds of experts in publishing, writing and marketing.
Alliance of Independent Authors, authors, F R E E writing, fiction, Go Creative, guest post, guest posts, having ideas, how to be creative, how to beat writer's block, how to write a novel, IndieReCon, inspiration, Jessica Bell, Kevin Booth, meditation, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Orna Ross, Planning, podcast, Podcasts, publishing, revising, Rewriting, Roz Morris, self-publishing, seven stages of creativity, video, video posts, Vine Leaves Literary Journal, writer's block, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine, writing to music
- Join 20,120 other followers
- ‘When creative is your job title, you have to keep earning it’ – author, poet, sculptor and memoirist Guinotte Wise @noirbut November 20, 2022
- How do you make a career with your writing? Lessons from several years of author interviews November 11, 2022
- How to make good decisions about book cover design – interview with Jessica Bell @iamjessicabell October 20, 2022
- Becoming you – how to develop confidence as a writer October 14, 2022
- What you can achieve if you try something a little scary… how I became a memoirist and novelist by @expatapple September 16, 2022
- How to master back story – book now for my mini-course, September 21st September 14, 2022
- The way we were – self-publishing 2005 and now September 11, 2022
- Join 20,120 other followers