- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged headphones
My guest this week admits she is antisocial. She likes to people-watch from behind wide sunglasses, and cocooned inside big headphones. She says her day is characterised by a constant flow of music, which has fed directly into the set of vignettes in the short fiction collection she has just published. I particularly have to thank her for introducing me to one of her special trigger tracks, by Florence + the Machine, as there’s something in it I might need for Ever Rest. And so the muse hops from mind to mind; I hope it will to yours too. She is Amanya Maloba and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
The Self-Editing Masterclass Snapshots will resume tomorrow.
Amanya Maloba, authors, CollegeFashionista, constant flow, contemporary fiction, deepen your story, Desert Island Discs, Erykah Badu, fashion writer, fiction collection, Florence + the Machine, Frida Kahlo, Harvest, headphones, Huffington Post, literary fiction, music, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, Outkast, Peter Tosh, playlist for writers, Q-Tip, Refinery29, Roz Morris, Shabazz Palaces, short fiction, short stories, The Undercover Soundtrack, Tyler The Creator, undercover soundtrack, Vine Leaves Press, Virginia Woolf, Women Writers, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
- No luck submitting my book to agents and publishers – should I hire a different editor? January 9, 2022
- The resilient mindset, overcoming blocks and living every moment of the creative journey – interview at @insideyourhead0 December 19, 2021
- Learning by doing: how I made my writing career – Nick Padron @nfpadron December 14, 2021
- How to cope with a hefty report from a developmental editor December 8, 2021
- Wilderness woman falls into memoir writing – Wren Godfrey Chapman December 2, 2021
- The accidental way to build a writing career – interview at @AnnalisaCrawf November 16, 2021
- Can we reclaim the term ‘literary fiction’? A conversation with Imogen Clark @ImogenClark November 13, 2021