- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged how to make a writing career
In the last episode, we discussed how to make a writing career out of your special expertise and knowledge. This time we turn to another kind of writing career – writing secretly as other people. Aka ghostwriting. Also, writing for book packagers, which is a junior form of ghostwriting.
You might already know I have a secret past as a ghostwriter. Some might call it murky. There are certain things I’ll admit to, certain things I won’t.
Asking the questions is independent bookseller Peter Snell. Answering them is me! Peter was dead-keen to get me spilling the beans. For years, he’s been looking around his shelves, stroking his beard and wondering which titles I wrote. This episode contains magnificent silences and the sound of tumbleweed. But a lot of info too. If you’re seriously interested in ghostwriting, I also have a professional course.
Stream from the widget below or go to our Mixcloud page and binge the whole lot.
PS If you’d like more concentrated writing advice, try my Nail Your Novel books. If you’re curious about my own creative writing, find novels here and my travel memoir here. And if you’re curious about what’s going on at my own writing desk, find my latest newsletter here and subscribe to future updates here.
Become a Ghost-writer, Become a Ghostwriter, being a ghostwriter, book packagers, break into ghostwriting, celebrity authors and ghostwriters, free podcast, free podcast for writers, how to make a writing career, So You Want To Be A Writer, writing careers
- Making my honest art – writing and publishing literary fiction: interview at @thecreativepenn July 27, 2021
- Let pollocks be pollocks – a little chat about dialogue tags July 18, 2021
- The books that are our teachers – and 5 of my favourite reads (at @muddysurrey ) July 15, 2021
- How to become an author (and how to stay one) – interview at Write-Hearted with @MisterWakefield July 11, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist, playwright, photographer, actor Steve Zettler @szettlerauthor July 6, 2021
- Win a signed print edition of #EverRest July 5, 2021
- How do you like to talk about books? Themes, juxtapositions and the complication of being human – an interview at Late Last Night Books @L8NiteBooks June 27, 2021