- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged how to start your novel
You know a project is going to be long, serious and brow-furrowing if the illustration is a scribbled-on notebook and coffee. My third piece for the Writers & Artists website is up today. The web editor saw Nail Your Novel and asked me to write a run-down of points to help first-time writers get started on a magnum opus.
Readers of Nail Your Novel will be familiar with it all – notes, plans, splurging first drafts, confidence-building (and coffee), but if you haven’t been here long you might find it useful. Follow your nose…
authors, beginners, Bloomsbury, brow, confidence building, fiction, first drafts, having ideas, how to begin a novel, how to start a novel, how to start your novel, how to write a book, how to write a novel, magnum opus, My Memories of a Future Life, novels, Planning, publishing, Roz Morris, starting a novel, starting your novel, time writers, web editor, Writers & Artists, Writers & Artists Yearbook, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing routine
- Nanowrimo prep – plan your characters, improvise your plot October 14, 2020
- Critiquing a friend’s book… how do you tell them it doesn’t work? October 11, 2020
- What to call your characters and places – Ep 46 FREE podcast for writers October 6, 2020
- How to write the difficult second novel. And why it’s difficult. Ep 45 FREE podcast for writers September 20, 2020
- How to – and how not to – run an online writing community. And publishing post Covid. Interview with literary agent Peter Cox of @Litopia @agentPete September 13, 2020
- How to write a synopsis if you hate writing synopses September 6, 2020
- I’ve written a book – what now? Ep44 FREE podcast for authors September 4, 2020