- Books for writers
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Email me
Posts Tagged inspired by music
My guest this week returns for her third appearance on The Undercover Soundtrack. And it’s for her first novel, which she’s reissuing in a director’s cut, after reclaiming the rights. Plotlines and characters have been reimagined according to her original vision, and music was vital to recreating the book in her mind. Indeed, the story began in music, as she initially didn’t even realise her idea was destined to be a novel. She relates in her post how she’d sit on a gantry with guitar and writing pad, imagining a stage play with songs. But then the back story began to take shape, and the subtext, and before she knew it, a novel was born. She is NYT bestselling author and ghostwriter Joni Rodgers, one of my partners in crime at the Women Writing Women box set, and she’s on the Red Blog with the Undercover Soundtrack for the novel she contributed, Crazy For Trying.
LIMITED OFFER Psst… Outside The Box: Women Writing Women is available only until 24 May. 7 full-length novels for £7.99 or the dollarly equivalent, including My Memories of a Future Life by yours truly. And it vanishes on 24 May.
deepen your story, Desert Island Discs, inspired by music, Joni Rodgers, League of Extraordinary Authors, music for writing, musicals, Outside the Box: Women Writing Women, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, women who write, Women Writers, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel
- Making my honest art – writing and publishing literary fiction: interview at @thecreativepenn July 27, 2021
- Let pollocks be pollocks – a little chat about dialogue tags July 18, 2021
- The books that are our teachers – and 5 of my favourite reads (at @muddysurrey ) July 15, 2021
- How to become an author (and how to stay one) – interview at Write-Hearted with @MisterWakefield July 11, 2021
- How I made my writing career – novelist, playwright, photographer, actor Steve Zettler @szettlerauthor July 6, 2021
- Win a signed print edition of #EverRest July 5, 2021
- How do you like to talk about books? Themes, juxtapositions and the complication of being human – an interview at Late Last Night Books @L8NiteBooks June 27, 2021