- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- FREE Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 Tips For Fascinating Characters
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: A Companion Workbook
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged intelligent characters
My guest this week describes her books as stories about and for the sometimes invisible women; the 1960s feminists; women in their late 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond; thinking, feeling, loving, intelligent characters who are steering their lives through choppy waters. She says she uses music as a short-cut to their inner wilderness, with signature songs that conjure their hearts and minds, even on the most uninspired days. She is Anne Stormont and she’s on the Red Blog with her Undercover Soundtrack.
1960s feminists, Anne Stormont, Arvon foundation, authors, Bat for Lashes, Blair Douglas, Cat Power, Change of Life, classical, contemporary fiction, deepen your story, Desert Island Discs, Don Maclean, Elbow, Glen Hansard, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, Greg Laswell, hard rock, intelligent characters, invisible women, Lighthouse Family, Louis Armstrong, main characters, Marketa Irglova, Military Wives, mixtape, music, music for writers, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, Nail Your Novel, Neil Diamond, ovarian cancer, playlist for writers, Roz Morris, Rufus Wainwright, Scottish traditional, The Soldier, The Undercover Soundtrack, Tom Baxter, undercover soundtrack, Ungar and Mason, Van Morrison, Women Writers, women's fiction, women's fiction writer, writers, writing, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing to music
- Getting editors, spotting mistakes, publishing across many genres and author control! 4 questions from a self-publishing conference August 9, 2020
- How to write books for children and young adults – Ep42 FREE podcast for authors August 4, 2020
- What’s on an author’s bookshelf? Ep 41 FREE podcast for writers July 23, 2020
- How to write a sequel – and when not to. Ep 40 FREE podcast for authors July 22, 2020
- Music, summer, 1990s Camden – The Undercover Soundtrack, Guy Mankowski @GMankow July 16, 2020
- How I became an author – interview on inspirational authors podcast July 13, 2020
- ‘What you do with difficult ideas is turn them into art’ – an interview with Mat Osman @matosman July 12, 2020