- Email me
- Nail Your Novel: books
- FAQ: I’m a new writer: which book should I read first?
- My writing process: the picture tour
- Nail Your Novel: Why Writers Abandon Books and how you can Draft, Fix and Finish With Confidence
- Reviews of Nail Your Novel
- Who’s tweeting about Nail Your Novel …
- Writing Characters Who’ll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel
- Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart: Nail Your Novel
- Who am I?
Posts Tagged Locked Within
‘The visceral feeling when a piece of music strikes me right’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Paul Anthony Shortt
My guest this week says he’s often wished his readers could hear the soundtrack he has in mind while he’s writing. For his urban fantasy Locked Within, that was a stack of movie scores, but also some surprising cover versions and a piece by Sarah Brightman that would send any red-blooded writer charging into battle. He is Paul Anthony Shortt and he’s on the Red Blog with his Undercover Soundtrack.
authors, cover versions, deepen your story, fantasy, fiction, having ideas, how to write a book, how to write a novel, inspiration, Locked Within, music, music for writing, My Memories of a Future Life, New York, Paul Anthony Shortt, publishing, Roz Morris, The Undercover Soundtrack, undercover soundtrack, urban fantasy, writing, writing a novel - Nail Your Novel, Writing Characters Who'll Keep Readers Captivated: Nail Your Novel, writing life, Writing Plots With Drama, Depth & Heart, writing to music
I post 4 to 5 useful writing links per day… and other stuffMy Tweets
- ‘Music that seeps beneath your skin, then grows’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Andrew Lowe June 30, 2015
- Three signs that your novel has too many main characters – and what to do June 28, 2015
- ‘Music and love transform your internal landscape’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Louisa Treger June 24, 2015
- How to write dialogue that’s convincing and full of life June 21, 2015
- ‘Sleaze, self-obsession and sentimentality’ – The Undercover Soundtrack, Garry Craig Powell June 17, 2015
- ‘Janys in Venice, Tina in Canada, EJ in New Mexico…’ – global audience for our writing radio show June 16, 2015
- How I cope with writers’ RSI – and when your books come back to haunt you June 14, 2015
Sign up for my newsletter
See what I did there…